security codes and any audio and
navigation equipment security codes before starting...
Please refer to our
Battery Safety Guidelines before exchanging batteries
sizes and power ratings of the old and new batteries making sure they
(2) Disconnect the negative
battery lead first. Move the lead to one side to avoid sparks
(3) Disconnect the positive
lead. Make equally sure that it remains clear of the positive
terminal during Step 4.
(4) Undo the battery hold down clamp /
strap and then remove the battery. Place it onto the ground or a
(5) Position the new battery into the
engine bay battery area. Ensure the terminals are in the same
as they were with the old battery.
(6) Re-attach the battery hold down clamp /
(7) Re-connect the terminals starting with
Ideally you should cover
terminal tops (engine-OFF)
with a layer of petroleum jelly (e.g. Vaseline) to avoid
(8) Reset any Audio or Navigation Equipment
/ Vehicle Alarm security codes.